OBSERVATIONS OF BOWEN THERAPY SINCE 1995
During my Bowen practice 1965 – present, I have noted a number of things as follows:
• Every podiatry patient needs Bowen.
• Every Orthopedic patient needs Bowen.
• Many dental patients need Bowen.
• Many G.I. patients need Bowen.
• All Chemotherapy recipients need Bowen.
• People with food sensitivities need Bowen.
• People with cravings and addictions need Bowen.
• People with emotional issues need Bowen.
• Flares and re-tracing often occurs after Bowen. Old issues often resurface.
• Emotional releases often occur after Bowen.
• Moods elevate after Bowen.
• Test scores improve after Bowen.
• Narcotic releases occur after the first Bowen session. Not after subsequent sessions. Best to forewarn them about this.
• Skeptics are the best referral sources.
• Spouses who were made to come for an appointment by their significant other, should just go on home and forget having a treatment. Not 100%.
• If I try to fix the problem, it probably will persist.
• If I do what my instincts tell me, it will probably get better.
• I have no control over the outcome.
• Now that I have Graham Pennington’s information – I do have more control.
• The more education I do for my patients, the better they do. So do countless other practitioners who have told me so.
• The better I understand the Bowen Technique / Mystique, the better practitioner I became.
• The more in tune I am with my patient, the better my results.
• I respect the fact that my patients allow me into their spaces. They trust me, and allow me into their various rooms. This permits me to help with their issues when the time is right for them to deal with all of these. Physical, Mental, and Emotional.
• There’s lots more for me to learn. And, as I do so, I’ll share with my Bowen friends.
As I learn more principles, enlightenments, and epiphanies I will surely pass them on to you all.